Ethical Consideration-Consent from Participants

March 24th, 2010

In order to attain consent from my participants I am planning to go to different sourcesĀ  to attain information relevant to my research . First, I intend to go to web sites which have galleries of celebrity tattoos, also look at magazines where celebrity tattosĀ are displayed. Secondly, I plan to imbed the other aspect of American tattoo culture in my research: non-celebrity normal day to day people which use tattoos to define their culture.

6 Responses to “Ethical Consideration-Consent from Participants”

1. rachelhymowitz on March 24, 2010 10:45 pm

You should probably make sure to get consent from any persons you are specifically referring to in your project and make sure you can use photos of their tattoos.

2. lily15 on April 5, 2010 9:31 am

Thanks Rachel for your comment,however I am planning to get the consent of every one of my participants that are going to be included in my research

3. Antonia on April 5, 2010 10:41 pm

Good start. I wonder HOW you will get consent? Make sure you inform all participants about the purpose and the use of the pictures (and interviews etc).

4. lily15 on April 6, 2010 5:47 pm

I had in mind to visit one or two tattoo parlors,and speak to some of the artists if possible.I am aware that I have to introduce myself and explain the project that I am working on,and ask for permission to first take pictures of the artist and some of their work and then transition to asking them questions that I am going to formulate.I will be using a creative commons license on the pictures that I take also.

5. emodjsteph on April 7, 2010 3:17 pm

I’m sure you won’t have much problem getting consent; as someone that has tattoos, I know I would personally be happy to let someone take pictures of them and use them for a project like this.

6. lily15 on April 7, 2010 4:06 pm

I am planning to use pictures of family members to ease the process.However I hope that I run with the same luck when I visit the tattoo parlor. I will try to do field work in a parlor that is known to me.

Trackback URI | Comments RSS